We are excited to start up group classes again, with the requisite precautions:
We will not be holding in-person orientation. This will necessitate several temporary measures:
- We are recording videos to make the orientation presentation available on demand. Videos will be available by June 2 and links will be sent to registered students and posted on our Facebook page.
- We will do a live cast of the orientation so that people can join from home for a more interactive experience. Students will be able to ask questions and get more information in real time. The live cast will also be available on demand for students that could not attend.
- Payment and shot records are due by June 2 at the latest. Registrations unpaid or without shot records will be removed. This will allow us to confirm waitlisted students.
PDX Building Access:
- The side door will be marked as an entrance only; the back door will be marked as an exit only. This is to keep people from having to bunch up around the doors.
- 6:30 classes will be moved up to start at 6:15. This is to prevent congestion as the classes switch over.
- People in the 7:30 classes will need to wait in parking lot and not enter the building before 7:25. This will allow us to dismiss the earlier classes and maintain compliance with distancing guidelines.
- Students are welcome to use the side field, but should maintain social distance.
- Classes will be limited to 8 students plus the instructor to maintain compliance with Tennessee State Executive Orders restricting groups to less than 10. Unfortunately, this means that only one handler can attend full classes. Classes that are not full have more flexibility; students should check with PDX before bringing additional family or friends to class.
- Classes will be at least 6 feet apart. Chairs within classes will be 6 feet apart.
- Instructors will coordinate to let classes out 5 minutes apart; i.e, classes in the back let out at 7:10; classes in the middle let out at 7:15; classes at the front of the building let out at 7:20.
- Students and instructors are encouraged but not required to wear masks and/or gloves.
- Students and instructors are encouraged to take their temperature before coming to class, and should not come if they are feeling sick or running a temperature above 100.4.
- PDX will provide hand sanitizer wipes for as long as we can get them. Instructors and students should bring personal supplies in case we run out.
We have added several classes to accommodate increased demand and smaller class sizes:
- Head Start – Saturdays from 10am to 11am beginning June 13
- Puppy Plus! – Saturdays from 12:30pm to 1:30pm beginning June 13
- Manners Matter – Wednesdays from 7:30pm to 8:30pm beginning June 10
- Really Reliable Recall – Wednesday from 7:30pm to 7:30pm beginning July 1 (3 week class)
- Basic Obedience – Mondays from 7:30pm to 8:30pm beginning June 8
These classes have been cancelled for the June session only:
- Agility Teeters and Weaves
- Therapy Dog Preparation
We will be confirming registrations based on (1) receipt of payment and shot records, (2) date of registration. Students who cannot be accommodated due to smaller class sizes may move to another class that does have space available or defer until the next session beginning the week of July 27.
As always, students whose plans have changed or are not able to attend an alternate class will receive a full refund.