Requirements for Boarding @ PDX
Play Dog Excellent is all about the fun. Our facility works best for dogs who are healthy, happy, friendly, and love to play with other dogs. For everyone’s health and safety:
- Our overnight guests must be at least four months old.
- Dogs over 7 months old must be surgically neutered or spayed.
- We must have a completed application and shot records on file before making boarding reservations. Shot records can be emailed to firstname.lastname@example.org or faxed to 866-370-7821.
- Dogs must be current on Rabies, Parvo/Distemper, and Kennel Cough (Bordetella). In addition, we strongly recommend that dogs get the Canine Influenza and Booster shots before exposure to other dogs.
- Dogs must be in a good condition and health (no coughing, vomiting, diarrhea 48 hours prior to check-in)
- Dogs play together during turnouts, so they must be comfortable with other dogs. We are not a good choice for dogs that prefer not to interact with other dogs.
- Dogs must be brought in and out of the facility on a collar and leash. Tiny dogs may be transported in a crate, but if they are carried in, they will need a collar and leash. This is a safety requirement.
- Dogs will be checked for fleas and ticks at check-in. Pets with fleas and/or ticks will be treated with medication (Capstar), bath, and/or topical treatment (Frontline Spray or Adams). The cost for treatment (usually $10, but may be more in extreme cases) will be added to the boarding bill.