Requirements for Boarding @ PDX
Play Dog Excellent is all about the fun. Our facility works best for dogs who are healthy, happy, friendly, and love to play with other dogs. For everyone’s health and safety:
- Our overnight guests must be at least four months old.
- Dogs over 7 months old must be surgically neutered or spayed.
- Guests must bring a copy with them when they check in, or ask their vet to fax the most recent inoculation information to Play Dog Excellent at 866-370-7821.
- Dogs must be in a good condition and health (no coughing, vomiting, diarrhea 48 hours prior to check-in)
- Dogs must be brought in and out of the facility on a collar and leash. Tiny dogs may be transported in a crate, but if they are carried in, they will need a collar and leash. This is a safety requirement.
- Dogs will be checked for fleas and ticks at check-in. Pets with fleas and/or ticks will be treated with medication (Capstar), bath, and/or topical treatment (Frontline Spray or Adams). The cost for treatment (usually $10, but may be more in extreme cases) will be added to the boarding bill.
|Vaccines||Under 2 Years||Over 2 Years|
|Bordetella||Within 1 year||Within 1 year|
|Rabies||Current (1 or 3 years)||Current (1 or 3 years)|
|Parvo||Within 1 year||OK after puppy series|
|Distemper||Within 1 year||OK after puppy series|